Saturday, June 12, 2010

Affordable Quality Shampoo/Conditioner

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that I haven't tried too many Shampoos. The reason being, is that I never really felt the need. In the past, my hair has been very cooperative, and I never noticed damage like split ends or drying of the hair. I had very fine, pin straight hair, that others often envied. Well, that was in the past. As I moved about 3 years ago, my new home was in an area that had very poor water quality compared to what I had always been used to. Additionally, my hair was under more sunlight than usual, and often got soaked in Clorox at the local pool. Split ends began to become apparent, my hair lost pigmentation and progressively turned lighter, it lost its sleekiness, and overall just did not feel like my hair.

I needed a solution, and finally ditched my drugstore shampoos and decided to invest in a quality cleanser and conditioner. At that time, I discovered LUSH, a brand that prides itself on entirely natural and organic products, that have many beneficial traits for your health. I bought my first introductory shampoo and conditioner from the brand, the Big Shampoo and the American Cream Conditioner. Honestly, I did not care for the conditioner, and ultimately donated it to my mother, whose hair needed much more help than mine (I also gave her a bottle of Rehab Shampoo). Basically, I felt the conditioner, though not bad, was not worth the money. The shampoo on the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed. It feels like salt out of the tub, but once worked into the hair, lathers surprisingly well, so much that you need very little product. I only used this shampoo about 2-3 times a week because of its hefty price, but every time I used it I was in awe. It instantly felt my hair feel weightless, and gave it that softness I had longed for. I was very pleased, however, I was still on the edge about the hefty price tag (given that lush products also have expiration dates--its not something I can just save for the really special days).

Here's the important part: I reverted back to drugstore brands. I recently moved out of my family home, and into my own place, back to where I am originally from. The main reason for not repurchasing from lush is because, in all honesty, I cannot afford it. With new burdens of rent and living costs, I must restrain from spoiling myself. Knowing the superior water quality will not be interfering with the nutrients in my hair made it even more justifiable to go back to cheaper alternatives. While in the past, I had often opted for brands like Herbal Essences and Pantene, I newly took advantage of a bargain deal for Aussie. In the past, I had had a roommate who was a loyal user of this brand, and finally decided to give into her recommendation. I got the Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo and the Aussie Aussome Volume Conditioner . I have the admit, I previously undermined drugstore shampoos as generally being the same thing. I never found one particularly better than another. Until I used this!! Normally, my hair turns noticeably greasy after a day without washing (or even by the end of a day), and is very flat. Using this line of products provided the volume the packaging promises. Plus it smells pleasant (fresh and kind of fruity/florally?), and is packaged conveniently. Its creamy texture is easy to lather, and has drastically improved the condition of my hair.

So, when it comes to bang for the buck I would recommend Aussie products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions? Comments? Inquiries?