Thursday, June 24, 2010

Doggie Fashion




I never really understood those people who would buy expensive clothing for their pets--especially when the pets are unappreciative. Why get dog clothes that are more expensive than your own? Yet, I enjoyed the idea of dressing up my little ones, and tortured them with garments. In the past, before the dog-fashion trend began, I would design sweaters for my dogs, and force my mom to knit them (she enjoys knitting). Although cute, the products were never actually used, because my dogs disliked it. Well, as my dogs began to age--I noticed they get cold much more easily. Now, they seem to enjoy the comfort of being clothed, and I have reverted back to dressing them up occassionally. Unfortunately, my mother has given up her old hobby of knitting--and the old knitted sweaters no longer fit. Luckily, the world has evolved and now doggie clothes can be found everywhere. Although some continue to buy designer priced clothes for their pets, I love discovering cute, affordable pieces at Walmarts and Targets, and sometimes even TJ Maxx and the like.

Sometimes they are priced as low as $1 (below), and I never push further than $5.

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are sooo cute! They look so adorable:-) I love dressing my poodles too. They also hate it, but after awhile they eventually get used to it..hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete

Suggestions? Comments? Inquiries?