Friday, June 11, 2010

Review: Egyptian Magic.. Is it Magical?

I purchased this product about a year ago, after hearing so many youtubers rave about its healing effects. I anticipated it would give me the promising results of healthier skin. Some thoughts:
  • can be found online or in stores like whole foods (check website for details)
  • seems expensive at $30 for a tub, BUT I have used less than half a full year later-it will last you forever!
  • wax-y texture, feels heavy on skin at first but after learning to use very small amounts, found it to be less noticeable on the skin
  • mostly use for bedtime, because the oils within the product will make you feel like you are frying if you go outdoors with it on
  • Has a peculiar scent, but nothing terrible
  • no adverse effects
  • good to use on the lips as a lip treatment
  • avoid using too much product because even after a full night's sleep, you will feel the product in the morning if you overuse
  • cheap packaging
I depotted mine (into the pictured pink container) because I did not want to bring the big bulky tub with me when I moved. For some reason, once removed from its original tub, it lost its wax-like texture, and turned into a more creamy consistency. Even though it remains in an air-tight container, it seems stays "melted," which is good in the respect that it is now easier to pick up. As for the results, I cannot say I noticed anything special. I attempted using it on scars to see if they would disappear--it did nothing for this purpose. I continue to use it for my face at night, but I cannot say its effects are distinguishable from any other moisturizer. The only difference is in the way it feels. Whereas other moisturizers sink into your skin and feel weightless over time, the egyptian magic can be felt hours after application. It feels like vaseline on the skin, and for the most part is similar to vaseline in many respects. It did not fade acne marks, or reduce fine lines. When worn on the lips, it feels very moisturizing. I can say I have not really "broken out" after beginning to use this product. I still get occasional pimples, but nothing major. However, I cannot solely credit this product, as I have been using many others in conjunction with it. It has not had any negative effects on my skin, but it has not necessarily been a "magical" experience either. For those with very dry skin, I would recommend this because it would probably work a lot better for drier skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions? Comments? Inquiries?